Title: Administrative, Treasury, Finance Assistant
Department: Administration, Controller, Treasury
Fair Labor Standard Act Status: Full-Time – Non Exempt – Non-Union
Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Under the direction and supervision of the City Administrator and City Controller, performs various routine and complex administrative task in support of departmental operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Maintain City Administrator and the Mayor’s Office calendar of appointments, scheduling, meetings, teleconference calls
- Produce information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying and transmitting text, data and graphics
- Drafts appropriate notices, agendas, memos, take detailed notes in every meeting and maintain current staff telephone directory
- Assist in the management and updates to the City’s website, Social Media sites, Cable Channel, Electronic Board Signs, SeeClickFix, and other electronic systems.
- Effectively demonstrate superior customer/citizen service, answer phones, direct incoming calls, assist citizens and vendors, respond to walk-in request in a courteous and professional manner
- Receive and distribute daily mail and other deliveries
- Provide purchase order information, order office supplies and maintain inventory
- Receive and verify supporting documents for invoicing
- Prepare and process various invoices
- Review Utility Billing Register to identify discrepancies prior to utility bills being mailed; inform Utility Billing Clerk
- Collect monies at city boat ramp parking meter and provide receipts at the Treasury Counter
- Provide backup for the Treasury Customer Service window as needed by the Treasury Clerk
- Verify and reconcile bank deposits to actual
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS/EXPERIENCE & ABILITIES
- High School Diploma or GED with additional supplemental vocational training and coursework in clerical/office administration or related field. Associate degree preferred.
- At least 1 year of municipal administrative and office clerical experience
- Skilled in the use of office equipment and technology, including but not limited to computers, copiers, calculators, fax machines, answering services and the ability to master new technology
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher
- Ability to demonstrate organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to gather data, conduct research and prepare accurate and timely records, reports, notices and letters
- Strong math aptitude and the ability to accurately enter financial data into the city’s BS&A software system
- Ability to independently demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness in work related functions; critically assess situations, problem solve and work effectively within deadlines and changing work priorities
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENTS
- HAP Health Insurance – Delta Dental – HAP Optical; with 20% Premium Employee Co-Pay
- Deferred Compensation – 8% 457B Employer Match
- $20,000 Term Life Insurance Policy
- Paid Sick and Vacation Days
- Paid City Recognized Holidays
- Annual Longevity Pay
- Annual Clothing Allowance
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, view and create documents. The employee frequently is required to sit, use hands and arms to operate office equipment and perform routine office functions. The employee is required to stand, walk, and occasionally stoop or kneel and must occasionally lift and or move items of lightweight. The employee performs tasks both inside the office and outside in various environmental conditions.
Employees must have the ability to pass required drug screening and physical exams prior to employment with the City of Ecorse.
The above job description is illustrative and not a complete itemization of all facets of the position
The City of Ecorse is an Equal Opportunity employer. Qualified candidate will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability or national origin
Apply at: www.ecorsemi.gov or
Send Application/Resume to: City of Ecorse, Human Resources, 3869 West Jefferson Ave. Ecorse, MI 48229