Located in Wayne County, Ecorse is named after the Ecorse
River. Formerly named "River Aux Echorches", which means "The
River of the Barks" in English, it was originally used as a
burial ground for the Native American tribes of the area, and
later settled by the French in the last two decades of the
18th century. Parts of the organized township were
incorporated as a village in the 1820s. Ecorse became a
significant economic force in the region when its first steel
mill, Michigan Steel Mill, began operation in 1923.
The 2013 November Election
Results are In!